Cream of Corn Soup
Bushmans Kloof for Rooibos Limited
1 tin (410 g) sweetcorn
2 chicken stock cubes, dissolved in 600 ml hot, strong Rooibos
600 ml milk
1 onion, chopped
4 black peppercorns
60 g (65 ml) butter
70 g (125 ml) cake flour
30 ml sherry
sour cream for garnishing
chopped chives for garnishing
1. Simmer the corn and Rooibos stock over low heat for 20 minutes.
2. Pour into a food processor and mix until smooth (or rub through a sieve).
3. Heat the milk with the onion and black peppercorns.
Pour the milk through a sieve into the corn mixture.
4. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the flour and stir to make a smooth paste.
5. Add the corn mixture slowly, stirring constantly.
Bring to the boil. Add more milk if the soup is too thick.
6. Add the sherry and stir.
7. Garnish with the sour cream and chives to serve.